Helping You Reclaim the Power.
Sexual Assault Attorneys in California
Helping You Recover Compensation & Reclaim Power
Sexual abuse is an incredibly widespread and destructive problem affecting people at all levels of society. It can occur in almost any context — homes, schools, doctors' offices, churches, institutions, and other settings as well. Anyone of either gender, adult or child, can be a victim of sexual abuse as well.
At the Joseph George Jr. Law Corporation, we have been helping victims of sexual abuse to obtain justice, recover compensation, and start living life in the present since 1986. Our practice focuses mainly on California cases, but we are available to represent clients in other states as well.
How Our Team Can Help You
The long-term effects sexual abuse victims experience are equally broad and include low self-esteem, depression, shame, trust issues, and drug and alcohol abuse. Some victims later become abusers themselves. Others, in fact, never escape the past and never recover from the deep emotional and psychological injuries they've suffered — eventually taking their own lives.
Our dedication to this particular type of legal claim is no accident. Joseph C. George, Ph.D. holds both a law degree and a Ph.D. in psychology. Before founding his firm, Dr. George spent 12 years on active duty in the U.S. Air Force as a clinical psychologist and, even now, is still a licensed psychologist in the state of California. You can trust our sexual abuse lawyers in California to protect your rights and aggressively fight for your best interests.
Learn more about:
- Child sexual abuse
- Teacher-student sexual abuse
- Sexual abuse within the family
- Sex abuse in Catholic institutions
- Mandatory reporting requirements
- Sexual abuse involving sports coaches
- The Boy Scouts of America organization
- Sex abuse in other religious denominations
- Sexual abuse by lay members of the church
The Mental Conditions Sex Abuse Victims May Deal With
Outward signs of abuse may not always be easy to detect, but they are important, nonetheless. For children who have experienced abuse, they run the risk of developing serious emotional difficulties that can affect their performance in school and compromise social skills. A few of the issues sex abuse victims experience are:
- Anxiety – Sex abuse victims may develop intractable fears of people or situations that bring back memories of their abuse. This may also spill into fear of future sexual intimacy and intimate relationships.
- Depression – They may also withdraw from people who love them and experience extreme levels of sadness for prolonged periods of time. They may also consider taking their own lives because their guilt and shame can be so debilitating.
- Anger – While anger and resentment towards the abuser (or those who knew about it) is normal, abuse victims may become so enraged that it prevents the healing process that is so important in stopping abuse cycles.
Because of these potential damaging mental conditions, it is critical that child sex abuse victims get the proper help so that they can move past such traumatic experiences in a healthy manner
Call (916) 623-4914 for a Free & Confidential Consultation
Secrets keep everyone sick — victims, families, abusers, and the people and institutions that employ or enable those abusers included. Healing and reclaiming power over your own life starts with stepping forward and acknowledging the truth of what happened. Servicios de Traducción en Español Disponibles.
Call (916) 623-4914 at any time or contact our California sexual abuse attorneys online to schedule your free consultation today.